Wednesday 8 August 2007

Your Character?

I was thinking today, as I was looking at the slides of a lecture flash by, which TV character I would like to be. I don't mean to perform as the character in the show, I mean live out what they do, do their job and function in their world.
I thought long and hard.
JD from scrubs,
nah.
Dinozzo from NCIS,
probably not.
Maybe a Simpons character would suffice,
but alas, another group of No's.
Peter Petrelli,
nope.
The character I decided on was that of Danial Jackson from Stargate SG-1. I have been a fan of the show for a while and have always found his element of the show more interesting than all the guns, battles and spaceships, not to say I'm completely against those. Danial Jackson is an Archaeologist turned Historian, Intergalactic Explorer, ascended being, fallen ascended being and earth saving hero, numerous times over. A life full of adventure, knowledge, new discoveries and purpose. It would be full of glory and praise if people where allowed to know that aliens almost killed/enslaved the whole of the population earth, but I could do without that.
Question: Who would you be?

7 comments:

Lauren Pinches said...

I too have thought about this, however not at Uni, I always concentrate at Uni.

The character I most want to be like is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She is adventurous, she doesn't fall to peer pressure when her father and other people are telling her to marry Gaston, she is always kind and caring, she honours her father, I believe she lives with integrity, she is intrigued about the world around her, she isn't afraid even when a scary Beast approaches her and lastly and not as important, she has a great singing voice.

Jono said...

Hmm, I do not really know who this guy from StarGate is, but he sounds cool. As fgor who I would be, wow, I have often thought about this sort fo thing, and hate locking msyelf down to just one character. But really, if I could be one person from any movie/show, it would be Merlin from The Sword in the Stone. Best movie ever! Best character ever!

B.C. said...

I need to think more... but for now, I'd love to be Patrick Star. Or Spongebob haha.

I shall keep thinking.

emmalee said...

argh argh
i have no idea
i am gay at decisions.
but i would like to say
I LOVE STARGATE yayayayaya
and i know daniel,
how cute are we haha
xx
ps FINALLY another blog.

some girl said...

Umm...hmm... damn. I don't know. Jack Bauer would be cool, but he's too aggressive and obsessed with saving the world, I mean America.

All my favorite characters are male. Oh well, maybe Simba. I love Simba.

Sime said...

I want to be Yoda.
1. He lives in a swap and doesn't mind the smell.
2. Showers little, therefore has green wrinkly skin.
3. Hangs out with people who are seeking a 'way' of living.
4. Connected to a phenomenological spirit that must be experienced.
5. Believes that impossible things are possible.
6. Small things can have enormous power, knowledge, wisdom, and weird sayings.
7. Dedicated to inner growth for the good of the universe.
8. Patient with stupid blonde guys who just don't seem to get it.
9. Has a clever sense of humour, simple and child-like.
10. Generous with his home. Offer hospitality to those who come seeking the 'way'.
11. (Chong reckons he's good with a light-sabre, but I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the crappy 'new' star wars movies, they agitate me, grrrr).

Sarah. said...

Any character at all?

it would be Kat from ten things i hate about you.
not only is she awesome, but she's smart, up with the feminist movement, and she knows how to kick a soccerball.